Garlic & Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
35 min 15 min prep SERVES 4
4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick, either bone in or boneless)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
3/4 cup parmesan cheese (best if freshly grated)
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (we use italian style)
4 garlic cloves (chopped)
additional oil (for frying)
1. Spread parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.
2. Beat eggs with the 1 tbls of olive oil in a separate shallow dish.
3. Spread bread crumbs in third shallow dish, pat pork chops dry with paper towel and set aside.
4. Combine salt, pepper, sage, thyme, and sprinkle generously over both sides of the chops. Press seasoning into meat with your fingers.
5. Dredge seasoned chops in parmesan cheese, coating both sides. Then using tongs dip chops in egg mixture and let excess drip off. Finally dip coated chops in bread crumbs. Press with fingers to ensure even coating.
6. Place breaded chops on wire rack set over a baking sheet to allow coating to dry for about 5 minutes.
7. Heat large skillet over medium-low heat with enough oil to come halfway up sides of chops. Stir in garlic and cook until lightly browned to season oil. Remove garlic and discard.
8. Increase heat to medium. Once oil is hot add chops and fry about 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
9. To keep crust in tact, drain any excess oil by placing chops on wire rack again.
Serving Size 1 (193g)
Recipe makes 4 servings
Calories from Fat 244 (49%)
Amount Per Serving %DV
Total Fat 27.1g 41%
Saturated Fat 9.8g 49%
Monounsaturated Fat 11.7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.1g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 197mg 65%
Sodium 1353mg 56%
Potassium 515mg 14%
Total Carbohydrate 22.8g 7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7g 6%
Protein 37.4g 74%
Print this recipe