Thursday, April 28, 2011

ChubbyButt is going to run

As much as this pains me, I'm going to put it out there for the world to see/judge/mock.


Let the training begin.

Now that I am another year older and I am looking toward 5K weather in the Midwest, I find myself wanting to train to be able to "handle" it. With my first 5K of the year in 5 1/2 weeks (38 days), I need to get on the ball.


I participate in a yearly 5K called VisionWalk. It is a fundraising event for the Foundation Fighting Blindness. This cause is near and dear to my heart. I've never ran the event, just walked it. It is not clocked, it is an at your own pace, fun event. This year I will be participating in the Kansas City Walk.


Now I will begin by saying - I AM NOT A RUNNER. Never have been. I am also overweight. But I want to change all that. And here is my plan.


Motivation.
Inspiration.
Guidance.
Support.


Runners World has alot of great articles and tools that I plan on using. 


Blogs, I have recently found several runner/dieter blogs that I have been following and they are motivating the pants off of me.


My aunt. She is 6 years older than I am, so we're close. And I recently cheered her on as she ran her first half marathon. So proud of her!! 


There's my plan, now who's with me? hello? anybody? :) kidding. This is my journey. But I'm dragging you along if you're interested. 



No comments:

Post a Comment