Friday, April 29, 2011

ChubbyButt Did It!!

Again, let me be clear, I am not, nor have I ever been a runner...but I dream to become a runner someday. So I am beginning slowly.

Today during my one mile treadmill session, I jogged 3 minutes. IN A GYM PEOPLE!! And yes there were people there. CAN YOU IMAGINE? Embarrassing. But I DID IT!! I know, 3 minutes isn't much, but it's a start. I had convinced myself that I'd try jogging 30 seconds of every minute tomorrow, when I won't be in the gym...in front of people. But I just couldn't help myself. I had to see if I could jog one minute. And I just kept going. I'm on a high.

Anyway, I found another website I wanted to share http://www.c25k.com/.  And there are podcasts to help you. Playlists with voice overs that tell you when to run, speed walk etc. :) yay!

So I just wanted to put it out there that if you don't think you can jog because you are overweight - you'd be wrong - if I can do it you can too!

“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment