Sunday, September 13, 2009

Coupon How-To: FAQ's


I thought it would be good to post some FAQ's. I use alot of terminology and tricks to accomplish my goal of saving money. For those who are new to the subject, this can be overwhelming.

We'll tackle Walgreens first, since I think they are the easiest.

Walgreens has a typical weekly ad with a bit of flair. They add coupons to their flyers. Be careful, if you miss one, most cashiers will not offer it. For this reason, sometimes I will clip those coupons and put them with my MFQ (Manufacture coupon) in my organizer. That brings me to my first point. You can use a Walgreens coupon and a manufacture coupon on the same product. This is completely legal. Also, don’t miss their IVC Coupon book (available online and in stores). They offer monthly rebates and coupons that you can match with your coupons.

CVS has a system all their own. They have weekly ads too; however you will notice that they offer ECB’s. ECB’s are like coupons for a certain amount off your next purchase. Example, last week if you went to CVS before Tuesday and purchased a bottle of Aussie shampoo for $2.99 you would receive a printed ECB for $2. Now you have $2 to use toward your next CVS purchase. This works like cash. The trick with ECBs is that they expire, so you have to be diligent in making sure you redeem them in a timely manner. The key is to be able to use a coupon on that item and receive an ECB. That is double savings.
signature

1 comment:

  1. These are such great tips. I also adore your signature at the end of your blog.

    Just a heads up, Tip Junkie has a new address: www.tipjunkie.com

    Update your blog roll and Google Reader feeds. So sorry for the inconvenience!

    ReplyDelete